Meet LJ

LJ Kuzmovich is the founder and main surf instructor for Pure Life Surf School


Hello, my name is LJ Kuzmovich and I’m 26 years old. I have lived in Daytona off and on my whole life. My partners and I are living a mutual dream, sharing the gift of surfing. I have been surfing for over a decade, and it has molded my life. The best decision that I have ever made in my life was to start surfing. Surfing has taken me all over the world, to places that I can hardly pronounce, experiences and feelings I will never forget, learning and transcending through multiple language and cultural differences that have shaped me as an individual and changed my life. I graduated the University of Central Florida in 2008. I majored in business administration with a minor in legal studies. Now I get to teach kids to surf everyday and love it. I have beautiful daughter Mya Jade Kuzmovich, which will be in camp about 4 years from now. Stay tuned